Monday, September 3, 2012

The Best of Boogies in Aspen, CO

This weekend was the beginning of a new month. Happy September! Can't believe I've already been in school for two weeks. Can't describe enough how much I love Colorado. This is really my home away from home, although I don't get to see those Oregon mountains, I get the Colorado Mesa's
 



And this weekend I got to see some of Aspen's beautiful scenery...
 

Pretty right? Me and a group of people including, Kenzie, Sarah, Rae, Casey, Kate, and a bunch of others drove two cars through the Aspen forests..
 
To go cliff jumping at the Devil's PunchBowl! (Once I find the pictures of me actually jumping off I'll put them up, but this was the place)
Casey ^
I believe it's a 40-50 ft drop. I stepped off the cliff, so excited for the jump.. then as soon as I hit the water my body was in shock! haha The water was so COLD, that when Kenzie yelled at me to see if I was ok I could say anything back as I doggie paddled to the side hahah. Once my body thawed (which was almost as soon as I stepped out of the water) I was so glad I did it. Cliff jumping is such a thrill, and doing it in such a beautiful place was awesome:) The nature-made smooth rocks and waterfalls are almost as breathtaking as I was when I jumped into the water.

 Once we spent some time jumping in and taking in the falls, we drove our way back into Aspen for some lunch. Passing the ski runs that you could see from main street..



We parked and walked our way to Boogies for Linner (meal between Lunch and Dinner).

Boogies, in case you didn't know is that spot where celebrities back in the day would stop by. They have pictures all over the walls of all the celebs (including Elvis) who's stopped in and had a meal there. For our meal Kenzie and I decided to take a risk and split the Mountain Man Burger,
 

A combination of Elk, Venison, Bison,Antelope, and Boar!And let me tell you.. it was good!
After dinner we walked around Aspen for a little bit...



We went back to the car and made our way to the Hot Springs of Glenwood! The natural Hot Springs flow from the Yampah spring. It has a daily flow of 3,500,000 gallons of water, at approximately 122° F/ 51° C. The source for the Yampah spring is south of the Colorado River in the Lookout Mountain and Grand Hogback areas. The water percolates through fractures in the bedrock formation into the Leadville aquifer. As this occurs, the water is heated by the geothermal gradient in the area. Going to the springs usually costs about $16 per person but because of all my local friends we went to the "local" spot, where the springs connect with the Colorado River and it's free! Which is awesome for a poor college student.

Then we came home Saturday night, and woke up Sunday morning.. went to a church called "The Vineyard" with a group of people we had met the night before and ate lunch together afterwards! Another successful weekend in Colorado! :)
 
 
Verse of the Day : Nehemiah 9:6 "You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you."

No comments:

Post a Comment